Saturday, March 10, 2012

What is your opinion on the waitstaff/quality of service at Outback Steakhouse?

I'm not asking about the food, but about the service. In your personal experience, was the waitstaff quality, did your receive good service, were they friendly, did you tip well because of it, etc.What is your opinion on the waitstaff/quality of service at Outback Steakhouse?
I have always had service. People are human so as long as someone didn't go out of their way to make my dinner miserable then I go with the flow and I tip well
It depends on the store,,,I have been in some where everyone is friendly and helpful, and others where the help is sullen, and act like they are doing you a favor by showing up for work



if i get good service, i tip well....What is your opinion on the waitstaff/quality of service at Outback Steakhouse?
I was a waitress for 7 miserable years. It is the worst job on Earth, but the money is good. At any restraunt you can have either good or bad service depending on who is working that day. I know I had my bad days and gave bad service on occasion, but I admit that I did feel really bad for it. There are so many curcumstances that you don't see that servers must deal with. Servers are usually treated really poorly by kitchen staff and the managers themselves. They are also the lowest paid, I made $2.75/hour. If I wasn't making any tips I couldn't pay my bills. It's so easy to have low moral and low self esteem. I think if you get bad service anywhere you need to look around and see how they treat thier employees. Chances are not so great. It's not a job for the faint of heart lol.
I can't believe I'm saying this but I have never eaten at Outback! My only experience was going in one Christmas season to buy gift cards. The service was excellent (how hard is it to sell gift cards to someone). I had a good experience. That's about all I can say.
Being a waitress/waiter is one of the most challenging jobs there are. You have to be nice and remember the customer is "ALWAYS" right no matter what.



If you get a waiter that has had a bad day, first try to cheer them up. Make them laugh, they will forget about he asses they just had to encounter. Ask for substitutions like rice instead of baked potato, etc. But do it in a polite way, if the answer is no, see if there is another way to get what you want. by then the memory of their bad day should be over and you will have a great restaurant experience. Oh and leave a tip if they were good, if not get a comment card and fill out what was wrong. That is what they are there for. (they are for good comments as well)
never eaten at outback. I don't care for chains. We try independent places.

however, from being here at Y!A, in the dining section, apparently all servers are "crap" and "entitled"
Yes, I agree that, "all servers are "crap" and "entitled." Or so they think. They don't give the proper attention and balk at any tip that they think isn't big enough. And tipping is not guaranteed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment